NYJO’s Free Online Learning Resource
Would you like a workshop led by a NYJO Composer for your music department? We are offering schools a workshop which will introduce them to the +You resource, with a focus on composition skills to support the music curriculum.
+You is NYJO’s free online learning platform that gives young players the opportunity to play along to music composed by NYJO Educators, and to play and improvise alongside NYJO musicians. These resources have been especially designed for entry level musicians, and are an excellent tool for bandleaders, educators and any musicians interested in playing large ensemble jazz music.
Head to nyjo.org.uk/you to register, choose a tune, and start playing!
This workshop will be heavily subsidised at £50.
The + You platform features:
- High quality ‘minus one’ style play-along tracks recorded by NYJO musicians
- Looped improvisation sections for focused practise
- Tutorial videos with advice for both musicians and bandleaders
- Selection of engaging original compositions arranged for entry level ensembles
- Inspiration zone with playlists, sources, and information to help keep learner creative energy at full power
- Professional scores and charts available to view online or print on-demand
- Improvisation guides
NYJO exists to empower young jazz musicians and inspire audiences across the UK, through engaging participation projects and impactful live performances. Founded in 1965, NYJO has grown from a single jazz orchestra to a multifaceted organisation that is committed to supporting and developing musicians of all styles and standards. Whether you want to become the next emerging artist or simply play for fun – we’re here for it.
NYJO Learning programmes nurture young musicians through high quality workshops, courses and gigs. We value access, inclusivity and progress at all levels and believe in the power of musical participation as a tool for personal growth. We run weekly workshops at our home at Woolwich Works, an arts venue in South East London. We also work around the country with Music Services, Hubs, Schools to widen access to music education opportunities.
Vikki Moorhouse | Head of Learning | [email protected]