This February half-term, NYJO is delighted to be teaming up with Steam Down for a very exciting 3-day project happening at Woolwich Works!
Steam Down is an artist collective, weekly event and music community based in Deptford, South-East London. Founded by multi-instrumentalist, composer and producer Ahnansé in 2017, the initial event was created to connect London-based musicians and producers. Since then it has evolved into a weekly event where Steam Down artists and its extended musical family generate spontaneous sonic soundscapes reflecting their lives in the city.
Where, When and Who
- 13th-15th of February
- Woolwich Works, The Fireworks Factory, 11 No. 1 Street, SE18 6HD
- All musicians welcome, including vocalists, aged 14-19
- Priority places for Greenwich residents and NYJO members
- Please apply before Friday, the 9th of February
This project will be an opportunity to spend 3 days with some of the most exciting London jazz musicians, working on and developing your own ideas and compositions to create original pieces. Spend your half-term making music in a collective of likeminded young musicians. The workshop will create original pieces to be performed at a showcase on Thursday evening.
Interested in taking part?
- Get in touch with [email protected] for more information
- Places for this project are £80 for the 3 days
- 50% discount for Greenwich residents and NYJO Under 18s members
- FREE for any young person in receipt of Free School Meals, any form of benefit and/or from a low income family
We never want cost to be a barrier to access our programmes and have bursaries available for anyone who needs it.